Adding orange to Wit after kegged

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wizardofza

Reaction score
I recently brewed a Belgian Wit and used fresh orange zest. I kegged the beer over a week ago, and while it's nice and carbonated, I can't really taste the orange all that much, just mainly the coriander.

Anyone know of anything I can add to the keg to give the orange flavor a bit of a boost? :)

I haven't tried it myself, but I suspect you could dry orange in the keg. Put some zest or whatever in a bag and stick it in the keg.

Another idea might be to boil up a bit of water and when its cooling steep your orange in that and then add that to the keg.

Let me know how this turns out for you. The other day I sanitized some orange zest then put it in a stainless steel tea ball and chucked it in my keg of American Wheat. It tasted amazing for about 36 hours then a rotten taste started to make its presence know. I haven't tried that beer in about a week because the rotten flavor got too intense, if it doesn't clear up in about 2 weeks I'm just going to throw the batch out and start over.

Back