abv of jaom

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

beer_guy_dave

Reaction score
I know this is posted somewhere in the mead forum, but I'm too lazy to look it up (besides, I'm at at work and don't have alot of time). Does anyone know the ABV of JAOM off the top of their head? This is prepared exactly by the ancient recipe, without any changes. I opened the first bottle which I made about 10 months ago. Some folks loved it, some hated it, some were afraid to try it. All asked me what the ABV is. Any help out there?

Thanks and happy holidays,

Dave

I threw the recipe into Beersmith (3.5 lbs honey) for you and it came out like this:

OG: 1.121
FG: 1.030

ABV: 12%

So, it's probably around 12% give or take based on the amount of water/honey you used.

It should be about 12-13% if memory serves me right. Plus there was a thread with this same subject about a week ago, can't quite remember the answer.

Mine crapped out at 13.2% (suprised me since it was bread yeast). Is still VERY sweet though, since it ended at 1.030.

Very first mead, not bad.

Back