Beersmith Question

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RLinNH

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
Playing with a new recipe in Beersmith right now, and I want to make sure that I am adding the ingredients properly. Question I have is in regards to adding Grains, but in Ounce additions rather then pounds. To do that, I would simply type in .08 in the quantity section to reflect 8 ounces. Sound about right?

No, that isn't right. 8 hundredeths of a pound is not 8 ounces, 8 ounces is 0.5 lbs. English units are fractional so you have to convert the fraction to decimal.

16 oz in a pound! Gotta love our antiquated measurement system!!

There are a few options to make the program display grain in both lbs and oz (instead of fractional lbs). That's the one I use.

BeerSmith is smarter than you think. You can type "8 oz" into the "amount" text box, and it will do the conversion for you.

For example, typing this:

4688-beersmith_amount.jpg

Yields this result:

4688-beersmith_result.jpg

You can do similar entries to get metric conversion as well.

Yuri_Rage said:
BeerSmith is smarter than you think. You can type "8 oz" into the "amount" text box, and it will do the conversion for you.

For example, typing this:

4688-beersmith_amount.jpg

Yields this result:

4688-beersmith_result.jpg

You can do similar entries to get metric conversion as well.

Are you Shattan Me!!! Thanks for the quick responses yet again:mug:

Back