Random Dry Magic Hop Dust Recipe ideas?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bfinleyui

Reaction score
So, I have a bunch of Magic Hop Dust laying around. Obviously no idea what's in it or how it's going to hit. The package says approximately 7% AA.

How would you guys go about experimenting with this? My first thought is to do a 3-gallon Magic version of a SMaSH, with just a bunch of 2-row (partial mash with light extract to get to a reasonable OG) and a couple hop additions (an ounce at 60, an ounce at 20, and call it good?)

Obviously it's nothing that's going to be able to duplicated down the road, but figured it would be fun to try it out in a pale and maybe an amber.

laying around right now i have 2lbs of 2-row, 1.5 of pilsen light dme, and a pound of 20L. i'd need about a pound of something else to make a reasonable OG, thought maybe just some corn sugar, keep it dry, let the hops do the work?

Just spitballing, looking for advice.

I bought 8 oz of the hop dust a few months back. I use it when I am a little short on my bittering hops, and just add it in for IBUs

i'd just do a tablesoon every 15 mins, see what happens lol

Back