Did I force carbonate right?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Reaction score
Hey guys just got a keg and a kegerator the other day. I racked my Cherry Pale Ale into the keg around 25 hours ago and burped out all the excess oxygen hanging out in there.

So I watched this video [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FfPoUCAHtKY]The Homebrew Project part 3 | Kegging and Force Carbonation - YouTube[/ame] and it made force carbonation seem easy enough. I kicked my regulator up to 22 PSI and rolled my keg back and forth. It only gurgled for around 20 seconds but I kept rolling it for around a full minute. After that I put the keg back in the fridge.

So my question is did I do everything correctly? The video gave me the impression that the gurgling will continue for longer than 20 seconds.

I appreciate any advice and tips btw :)!

A lot of people do it that way, it's one way to do it and it works. If the beer is carbonated you did it right :D

My method is to use a carbonating stone in the keg, rack crashed beer into keg, set to serving pressure and leave it for three or four days.

Back