How to determine alcohol content after kegging?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MrJames

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
I am new to this. I have my first beer kegged and have been sipping it now and again for the last few weeks. It is a Premium Blonde Ale. I added some lemon zest to try and get a bit of lemon flavor to it. It tastes good. How can I determine the alcohol content now that it is kegged?

if you don't have the original and final gravities, most of us can't afford the equipment to determine that

That is what I understood from my investigation. It tastes strong to me. Guess it will be a mystery.

I don't have the original gravities. Next time I will.

if you don't have the original and final gravities, most of us can't afford the equipment to determine that

Actually you can do alcohol with relatively modest lab equipment (a few hundred bucks) but most of us wouldn't take the time to do it.

there's something you can do with gun powder and explosives or something. probably better off just going with a recipe calculator to find an estimated abv.

Back