Cool Chameleon video

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SpanishCastleAle

Reaction score
Pretty cool video...I assume it's real but who knows these days.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KMT1FLzEn9I]YouTube - Super chameleon[/ame]

"Please don't take the teal ones...I really like the teal ones.":D

Many years ago, when I was but a wee lad, I lived in Africa. I would trade the locals for chameleons that I would keep as pets. Cool little creatures.

Fake. No chameleon on earth can change pattern/coloration that dramatically. Color change is more linked to stress than as cryptic coloration.

Nice panther chameleon, though.

Nope that is a veiled. A panther is much larger and dramatically colored to begin with. The carpet chameleon can make some wild changes, but not like that.

Fake. No chameleon on earth can change pattern/coloration that dramatically. Color change is more linked to stress than as cryptic coloration.

Nice panther chameleon, though.

True. Yes they change color, but not that fast and not to that extent. Ive had quite a few Jacksons and Veiled chameleons, no panthers like in the video and the change is no way even close to being that drastic.

In Florida we have Anoles but everybody calls them chameleons even though it's well known they're not true chameleons. Anoles can change color a little (green to brown to gray) but apparently not like true chameleons (based on the link...not the video). These things are EVERYWHERE...but they do eat bugs and provide entertainment for cats/dogs.

The 'hands' of the chameleon in that video look sort of unique.

Back