I'm going to have a sore arm after bottling..

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jmartyg

Reaction score
Sadly, they're all extract or festa kits, but i'm learning alot about the diferent lager options I have.

4lagers.JPG

the orange one is the only one i've followed the instructions on. Morgan's Canadian Pilsner. A no boil kit. I racked it today from a bucket and was wondering myself why it matches the rest of the old bar.
L-R
-Festa Dry w/ 250G light DME to raise it to 1.040
-Morgan's Canadian Pilsner w/ 1K corn sugar
-Morgans Canadian Lager w/ can of Muntons brewer's syrup instead of dme or sugar (it's been sitting at 1.024 for 2 weeks now, dont think it turned out the way i wanted.)
-Festa Continental Pilsner with harvested s-23 yeast instead of the dry pack of s-23 so it should have more cell count.

15 on a warm warm day. I know its past the upper end, but i havent had bad off flavours yet, and the temperature is only getting colder.

I had to look at that 3 times before I realized you were in Canada!

Then I had to try and convert in my head ;)

And just to save anyone else the mental pain, 59 Fahrenheit.

Mike,
I'm in Stratford. I'd like to take you up on that offerr after the winter. I can only learn so much by reading how to do all grain. It would be great to learn.

Hey cats
I live in the new london area and i want to get set up with a cornelius keg set up. any contacts or ideas. Also i'm interested where you all are getting your brewing grains?

Keep drinkin
T

Sadly, they're all extract or festa kits, but i'm learning alot about the diferent lager options I have.

Those aren't the kits you pick up in the shops for around $35, are they? Just pour it in a bucket, add yeast and away you go? I bought one when I was on the Island during one my visits there. Sadly, it turned out to be undrinkable.

BTW, you folks are lucky to have Gahan's 1772 India Pale Ale available. Very, very fine beer.

Cheers,

Paul

That's a nice color for the pilsner from an extract kit. It should clear up even more with time.

Back