lets go 1214 lets go..

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

paul7

Reaction score
im trying to motivate my yeast:mug:

they say this strain take a long time to get started.

not yet, its only at the 24 hr mark, i just hope i wake up to see some airlock action already!

Heh. I recently used this strain, it took nearly 3 days for my starter to wake up! Better get accustomed to twiddling your thumbs and RDWHAHB-ing.

I used this on a dubbel I brewed in early January. Maybe I'm crazy, but my beer seems like it's still cloudy with yeast and not just chill haze. I'm drinking it anyway. Still tastes good, just more yeasty than I expected.

I just bottled a Belgian-ish beer I used this yeast on. Yeah, it took a little while, and I recall the smack pack didn't fully inflate, but I only smacked it about 6 hours before pitching. The beer wound up attenuating much more than expected - I was expcting it to finish at 1.018, but it finished at 1.007 (OG:1.074).

i got frusterated and backhanded the plastic fermenting vessel, after the initial few bubbles from pressure i created with my *****-slap technique, were now looking at a bubble per minute. damn leaky plastic fermenter knows whos boss now.

i think ill blast some KC and the sunshine band tonight.

i read a whole book where that was mentioned hundreds of time, but not the acronym.

Latest posts

Back