Need a Bit of Assistance...

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Recusit8m

Reaction score
Hey all...Hope you are all well...I was wondering if anyone could offer a bit of assistance for me...Im looking to convert a 5G IGLOO cylindrical cooler over to a MLT with a SS braid and Ball Valve, but I cannot seem to find any instructions or parts lists for that size...I did find FLYGUYS great instructional for the 10G but wasnt sure if the fittings were the same...Anyone know if they are of if the arent do ya have any ideas on the sizes for me? Currently im kinda doing the BIAB style which has worked well so far, but im tired of getting bags and Im hoping I can get a bit more grain in the Mash than at present...Any help would be greatly appreciated...Here is my current setup and you can see the bag around the top near the lid...
IMG00056-20090903-1510.jpg

I'm pretty sure its the same fittings except of course the SS braid might need to be shorter. If there is any doubts just buy the kit for a 5g cooler which is what I did.

Go to bargainfittings.com and buy Wayne's kit.

+1

I was trying to find certain size washers made of certain materials etc etc... and I just ended up buying the bulkhead from Bargain Fittings because everything was in the kit. I didn't have to hassle with finding each piece making sure it fit.

So I bought all of the parts on FLYGUYs parts list but couldnt find the SS Fenders in 5/8"...Well I read the post on where to find them but cant get to Fastenal until tommorow so for S & Giggles I bought some regular steel ones just to piece it together and couldnt get it tight enough because the washers wouldnt slide all the way down the shank, so I bought a rubber grommet that works great for a spacer...I hope there wont be any problems with that...Ill get to Fastenal tommorow...

Back