Equally Obnoxious Hockey Trash Talk Thread, eh?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think the pens, flyers and rangers would stack up well against the hawks. I don't know if they could win 4 of 7, but I wouldnt be shocked if they pulled it off
The pens youcould argue are more skilled.

The flyers play a physical, playoff style. Good matchup against them.

The rangers are a good all around team and Lundqvist could steal a game anytime

Rangers aren't consistent enough to win 4 of 7 lundqvist can steal a game maybe 2 but at the rate the hawks would be getting shots in the slot.. he couldn't steal 4.

I think the B's are over looked this year because of seguins slow start, but they have the depth to go far if only they could get back on track.

I also think the flyers always stand a chance because of their willingness to crash the boards all game, thigh I'm doubtful that they will even make the playoffs, but the pens? No way, individually sure they are very talented, but as a team I'd take Boston college over the pens.

Question: What do Cloutier, Toskala, and Dubnyk all have in common?
Answer: They are poop goalies.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-c6R9oxX_4E

when it comes to save save % and gaa Dubnyk and Riemer are almost identical over their careers, except Dubnyk has done it for more games on a worse team. Why are you still trying to make a case for something that statistically shows the opposite? You posted those numbers yourself

This game in Columbus is hard to watch, and I'm not just talking about technical difficulties.

Goofynewfie said:
when it comes to save save % and gaa Dubnyk and Riemer are almost identical over their careers, except Dubnyk has done it for more games on a worse team. Why are you still trying to make a case for something that statistically shows the opposite? You posted those numbers yourself

Because the day after you talk about how solid and consistent Dubnyk is, that happens. Classic.

Edmonton is about to be in last place. Again. But hey, at least they've got all that "potential", right?

If you consider any goaltender who gave up a goal like that inconsistent then there are a lot of inconsistent goalies. I say he's consistent because he's put up roughly the same numbers every year. Numbers that are the same as Reimers while playing for a worse team
Heres one for you
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=meFICJYORvA&feature=youtube_gdata_player
today is officially the halfway point of the season, isn't it about time for the Maple Leafs to start their annual tradition and tank big time in the second half

ForumRunner_20130309_150024.png

Unreal. Toronto is the better team for the 2nd half of the game and manages to tie it up with the Pens!

Interestingly, the only two teams left with no OTLs. Now, there can be only one!

If I hadn't been vocally opposed to 5 minute 4v4 + shootout since it was enacted, you might have had a point. The vast majority of hockey fans I know from all over the continent entirely agree that it sucks.

However, the Penguins coincidentally didn't even have any fans until the exact same season that shootouts were introduced. So I guess I can't really blame you for not being aware of how awful the change really was, since it's the only way that Pens have ever known the game.

If I hadn't been vocally opposed to 5 minute 4v4 + shootout since it was enacted, you might have had a point. The vast majority of hockey fans I know from all over the continent entirely agree that it sucks.

However, the Penguins coincidentally didn't even have any fans until the exact same season that shootouts were introduced. So I guess I can't really blame you for not being aware of how awful the change really was, since it's the only way that Pens have ever known the game.

Opposed to it or not its the rules and teams have learned to use it to make the playoffs. I would rather ot till a winner playoff style but the rules are the rules. I would also rather see a better weighting system to signify that a team couldn't win in regulation. Say 3 for a win, 2 for an ot win, and 1 for an ot loss.

CityOChampBrew said:
Opposed to it or not its the rules and teams have learned to use it to make the playoffs. I would rather ot till a winner playoff style but the rules are the rules. I would also rather see a better weighting system to signify that a team couldn't win in regulation. Say 3 for a win, 2 for an ot win, and 1 for an ot loss.

Shoot outs suck man. The old way wasn't broken, and didn't need to be fixed.

Also congrats to the Oilers on their first win of the season.

Here's to the Hawks being on a losing streak!

I don't care for ties, but I hate much worse that a SO win gets the same points, although not counted in a tie breaker, as a regulation win.

If the shootout is here to stay, scoring should be 3 for regulation win, 2 for OT win, 1 for SO win, 0 for losing, at any time.

Make the game about winning. No need to reward the loser just because they didn't lose in regulation. Incentive to win in regulation.

'Overrated' Phaneuf with 23 minutes and 2 assists.

And still has an even +/- for the game, but he is a minus player for his career so to be expected. I will translate that for you - The leaf give up more goals with him on the ice than they score. Shouldnt your #1 defenceman keep the other team from scoring? Even Ladislav Smid was +4 last year

Devils with another shootout win. Elias has been really on point the last few games.

I'd love to see them win in 60 though.

Red Wings have now contributed 9 of 24 points to the Blue Jackets. Another excellent showing by the Wings with the home and home. :rolleyes:

They are very frustrating this season. Sadly, I missed Saturday's game due to going to watch the Griffins in Grand Rapids. It was Star Wars night. Pretty awesome. If you are a Star Wars fan, I recommend it. There were a LOT of awesome characters in costume walking around.

And the Griffins won...

On a positive note, I loved Datsyuk's shot on the shootout. Best fake ever!

Woof! Tough come from behind/shoot-out win for the Bs over the surprisingly tough Senators. Hopeful start to what's going to be a long week for Boston...

Cheers!

Woof! Tough come from behind/shoot-out win for the Bs over the surprisingly tough Senators. Hopeful start to what's going to be a long week for Boston...

Cheers!

Kelly supposedly has no structural damage to his knee and traveled to Pitt for tonight's game. I'd be shocked if he played but it is good news.

I don't care for ties, but I hate much worse that a SO win gets the same points, although not counted in a tie breaker, as a regulation win.

If the shootout is here to stay, scoring should be 3 for regulation win, 2 for OT win, 1 for SO win, 0 for losing, at any time.

Make the game about winning. No need to reward the loser just because they didn't lose in regulation. Incentive to win in regulation.

I have to agree with this. Isn't that about how it works in soccer/football?

Back