Has anyone seen this?! (yeast starter saga)

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Revvy said:
Well according to some of the comments on his youtube page he's stopped making video partially because he found out his wife was playing hide the hydrometer with someone else.

brilliant.

Was it just me, or was did he seem like he was on many, many drugs in his video review of brahma?

this thread has become way too entertaining
here's another doozy

Last edited by a moderator:
Well according to some of the comments on his youtube page he's stopped making video partially because he found out his wife was playing hide the hydrometer with someone else. Of course he might deny that as well, he seems to like to deny painful truths.

I haven't laughed that hard in a while. Thanks for that.

Well according to some of the comments on his youtube page he's stopped making video partially because he found out his wife was playing hide the hydrometer with someone else. Of course he might deny that as well, he seems to like to deny painful truths.

Makes me wonder what her SG and FG readings are..

This thread delayed my planned brew day by about 2 hours yesterday. I just couldn't stop watching. I wonder if hes noticed the recent spike in his video views...

jbrookeiv said:
TakeSomeAdvice is the biggest tool on YouTube. I can't tell whether it's an act or if he's just crazy.

+10000000000 I hate this guy. He has to be the biggest tool I have ever seen!!! I am now pissed at myself that I clicked on the link since it gave this moron another view

I used to do this thing with my friends and coworkers called "Beer and B Movies Night". Anytime I had something new in the keg everyone would come over, drink some great beer, eat some great food and watch a really crappy movie. Killer Klowns from Outer Space, Surf Nazis Must Die, etc... etc....

I'm thinking I'm going to revive it and we're going to watch a few hours of this moron.

This guy has a major borderline personality disorder, just by looking at his Angry Canuck and his TakeSomeAdvice videos. He uses Idealization and Devaluation defense techniques when describing his YouTube peers. He devalues Craigtube and Idealizes his peers who agree about his "view" of the Holocaust. Not surprised he and his wife split, it usually happens with borderline personalities. This guy needs to seek some professional guidance up there in the Great White North.
-Jefe-

I just listened to him go on and on about how it tastes "Like a pilsner".

Go to about 6 minutes. It's hilarious.

"Guys it tastes like a pilsner. There's no real way to describe it. It's not really hopped. There's not really any nose. It's a classic pilsner."

F_cking classic.

Oh man, saw this thread, watched about 10 seconds and I remembered the voice. This guy had 30+ minutes on turning a coleman xtreme cooler into a mashtun. Im glad he is thorough, but this is just to the wrong extreme

I just listened to him go on and on about how it tastes "Like a pilsner".

Go to about 6 minutes. It's hilarious.

"Guys it tastes like a pilsner. There's no real way to describe it. It's not really hopped. There's not really any nose. It's a classic pilsner."

F_cking classic.

That video really is the best of them all. It is frickin comedy gold when he just upends that beer and then creams himself over the head. So funny.

He even has an interview on youtube with John Palmer where he asks him for twenty minutes about head and lacing. John Palmer actually dishes out some interesting stuff despite it all.

Couldn't have put it any better myself.

I could see this guy on Tosh.0 getting a web redemption.

TB

Tiber_Brew said:
Couldn't have put it any better myself.

I could see this guy on Tosh.0 getting a web redemption.

TB

So true!! Love that show and this guy would be perfect, though I'm not sure how much "redemption" there'd be!

Oh man, saw this thread, watched about 10 seconds and I remembered the voice. This guy had 30+ minutes on turning a coleman xtreme cooler into a mashtun. Im glad he is thorough, but this is just to the wrong extreme

yes when i was building my mlt i saw about two min of that video then i just shot myself in the face and built one and brewed three batches of tiger piss before the video would have ended

with a starter

wait... no other comments on how this guy denies the Holocaust ever happened?

bat **** crazy.

We all know he did, but it's just a touchy subject...I don't think most want to discuss it. BUT we all know he is a moron and what he said. :mug:

I'm mesmerized. I'm totally watching this dude's entire repertoire tomorrow. I need to go to bed, but I really can't tell if this is some way over-the-top, drawn-out, pissed-off response to some negative issues he has with the homebrew community, or if he really is this obnoxious ******-bag. I mean, he comes across as such a major caricature; I can't imagine he really exists, and feels the need to record himself.

If his goal is to instruct new brewers: FAIL.

If his goal is to garner a lot of new views: SUCCESS!

Someone needs to remind this guy that he's making beer, not microchips.

I coughed into my wort once and it turned out fine.

RDWHAHB

I dropped my airlock plug into the toilet once... quick rinse and a dip in Star San.... turned out fine.
Also, anyone else watched all of his early extract batches where he does nothing but ***** about how terrible Cooper's is and continues to buy nothing but Cooper's kits. I wish his LHBS would sell him a stool and a short length of rope...

One more thing. Does he remind anyone else of a chunky... somehow more annoying Pee Wee Herman?

You guys don't shower with Sanitizer before brewing?

you just shower with sanitizer, I start a starsan cleanse at least a week before brewing but usually. It consists of drinking nothing but straight starsan and well as starsan enemas 6 times daily.*

*disclaimer-may cause insanity, death, paranoia, painful blinking, labored urination, penal growths, infected taint, delusions of grandeur, the inability to explain a pilsner, obsessing about head (not from a lady friend kind), and other behaviors seen exhibited by takesomeadvise

wait... no other comments on how this guy denies the Holocaust ever happened?

bat **** crazy.

Well....we know people like this are out there, but such comments would make this thread (which already is pretty dicey in the "General Brewing" category) go right off the rails pretty quickly. Maybe one of those categories further down the list that have nothing to do with beer.

All you guys ridiculing this guy should be ashamed!
Didn't your parents teach you not to make fun of the handicapped?

I'd love to see him getting kicked in the nuts by wee man in the next jack-ass movie.

I guess I'm not so much touched by his overkill sanitizing advices, as I can understand people being a little paranoid about that, but what worried me was just his lack of understanding about homebrewing and beer. His comments about Pilsner style in the trip-to-the-Dominican-Republic video were utterly wrong and ridiculous, really. I hope beginners in this hobby never come across his videos when looking for information in their very beginning...

One more thing. Does he remind anyone else of a chunky... somehow more annoying Pee Wee Herman?
Personality-wise, yes, he's definitely the Pee Wee Herman type.

As far as looks, I thought he looked like a gay overweight John Cusack with Downs Syndrome.

TiberI'llseeyouallinhellBrew

This guy is both the biggest assbag I've ever seen and incredibly scary. I just got huge Jared Loughner vibes watching his videos. He's going to snap one of these days. Guess it's time to rethink that trip to Toronto.

I had to remove a dude's infected toenail the other day and was less anal about sanitation than this guy. What a knob.

I had to remove a dude's infected toenail the other day and was less anal about sanitation than this guy. What a knob.

Did you at least remove it down in your basement where there is no wild yeast or bacteria or random spores blowing around from your unlotioned arms?

I hope you at least did that, or else the guys toe will smell and taste like sour green apples.

I wasted two hours of gov't time watching his vids tonight. This stuff is awesome and yet so sad. What an a$$ clown.

Then I got home this morning and poured a beer. I started cracking myself up, "oh god the lacing the lacing the lacing". Good stuff

Back