kegerator opinions

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
For about $200 less (probably even cheaper than that) you could make your own and it would look just as good. I'm not handy and didn't think i could do it but it only took me about 1-2 hours and mine looks like it was built by a professional. Really easy and cheap to build your own.

yes, build your own!
I got a medium sized chest freezer and mounted a triple tower of perlicks on top for less than that!

I think mine will fit four cornies on the floor (I have 3 in it now) and I have a 10# CO2 with regulator on the hump inside.

I painted it racecar red and clearcoated it a ton. Then I learned you need special paint for appliances :( so it's all chipped up, but it WAS shiney! :)

freezer was $168 at lowes (go on craigs list and they are $50), tower and parts was about $300 to get perlicks and a tank and such. You might be able to ebay that cheaper.

With chest freezers, you can drill through the lid just fine. I bolted mine on by then drilling holes for mounting screws and replacing them with long thin bolds from lowes with very wide washers inside holding them in. It's awkward to pull out hte freezer far into the room and open the lid, but it works.

It depends on how much your time is worth along with your skill set. Nothing wrong with buying what you want and getting it right the first time.

Back