Cider Newbie - Hello!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Griffin10

Reaction score
Hello there everyone, I'm a cider newbie (well, the homebrew part, not the drinking part) and I wanted to introduce myself. I've never done any brewing before, and forgive me, but cider is the only stuff for me. I joyously overcame the isolation of a non-beer drinker when I lived in London for a year for grad school, and discovered the wonders of Strongbow, Magners, Bulmers, Aspall, and other such delicious things. Back in the U.S. now I enjoy Woodchuck and Hornsby's (which I think is pretty much only on the west coast).

Anyways, I'm starting my first batch of cider, but I wanted to be polite and say hello before I just jumped in. So hello! :mug:

Cool, I didn't see Hornsby's when I was over there. About a year ago some friends and I did a cross-country road trip, so we came across quite a variety.

I have, although I'm not as big of a fan of pear cider as apple. I am looking forward to trying a variety of types once I get into the brewing groove.

Wow, now I feel rude... I kind of just jumped in without introducing myself... :drunk:

Hi, I'm Devin, I have one cider brewed bottled and almost completely drank out. I have two meads aging, another cider brewing, one cider ready to brew and one mead planned out.

There, I feel better now! :ban:

Woah.... Chocolate? I am hesitant but a little intrigued. Probably after a few basic batches and I feel confident enough to begin experimenting.

You can also go to Walmart, buy a gallon jug of Motts AJ, drink it, and then make a 1gal batch of it in that jug under airlock. I can't vouch for the awesomeness in a 1gal batch, but thats if you are afraid to tie up the carboy.

Let me know how you like it. People absolutely love it when I make it up, but I would love feedback from you guys.

Latest posts

Back