Jay Leno Should Retire So Conan Doesn't Walk

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I used to stay up every night for Conan (11:30 since I was in central time). Then I had to be up for school at 5:45, I am not sure how I did it. But, I would watch Letterman and then switch over to Conan. Leno is really not that funny, he just makes fun of people.

That is an odd statement; you mean the others do not?? If you mean Jaywalking and Headlines they are actually pretty funny IMO. In fact I think either Conan or Letterman tried to copy "headlines". College kids that can't answer simple questions making you wonder how they got in college in the first place and how the hell are they passing classes. Now that is funny! Wait, maybe not. :(

I think I read this in the Philadelphia Inquirer that Conan's ratings were 1/2 of Leno's in that timeslot for the Tonight show and Leno always had slightly better ratings than Letterman in the same timeslot. In other words Leno was #1 in ratings in that timeslot. I did hear about what you are saying but you can't ignore the fact they had a winning combination before the change. But since they did make the change I doubt things will ever be the same and probably a mistake to make the change back now.

Leno's rating were bad when he first started as well. It takes awhile for a generation to transition to a different time spot. A lot of Conan fans aren't settled down yet but in a couple of years and having children they will.

Leno does not appeal to me, even most of his pre-guest comedy bits, most are too played out. It's humor geared towards those 45+. I find his interviewing of guests worse, it's awkward almost.

Leno's rating were bad when he first started as well. It takes awhile for a generation to transition to a different time spot. A lot of Conan fans aren't settled down yet but in a couple of years and having children they will.

Conan's ratings were actually significantly better than Leno's were at 7 months in.

I'm of the opinion that they just killed the franchise for a year of slightly better ratings. Although, they may not even get better ratings than Conan because a lot of people are going to refuse to watch.

That being said, I'd love to see Craig Ferguson get one of the earlier shows.

Craig Ferguson would be awesome, except that he wouldn't be able to do a lot of the stuff he does now at the earlier time slot, so it would probably be ruined.

I agree with Tx, Leno is not funny to me and seems to appeal to the old folk. I prefer Conan, but have not followed any of this because I watch CN or TBS at night.

Back