first brew will it carbonate

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mk1271

Reaction score
ok another question for my first batch. it is a coopers lager kit that is not really a lager because of the yeast i used and i am ferminting it at 78deg F. so here is my concern after 1or2 weeks in my primary and 2 or 3 weeks in my secondary to clear up my beer as much as possible will there be any yeast left for my priming sugar to make carbonation. i plan on using coopers in the bottle carbonation drops. what im asking is if i bottle it and it is super clear will it carbonate:mug:

Thanks
Mike
Houston Texas

What android said. ^

I use carbonation drops religiously, and never had an issue with them, even after (just yesterday!) I bottled my IPA which I first filtered into the secondary and then let it sit to clarify for 2 days.

I regularly leave my beer in primary for 3+ weeks, then secondary for another week or two and have no problems carbonating unless I screw up my priming calculations.

My saison is in it's 6th week in primary and I'm not sweatin' it a bit.

I've used carbonation drops for when I only want to carb a few bottles of something, like an apfelwein. Carbing an entire batch of beer is MUCH easier if you just do it with corn sugar. It's just a pain having to put the drops in 50+ bottles individually IMO. Plus, corn sugar is just plain cheaper.

Back