One foamy tap - Other not

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jacksonbrown

Reaction score
I have a two tap system in my kegarator, and one of my taps always pours foamy beer. I can't figure this one out. Both taps have the same length hose (5'), and the co2 runs from a splitter. This is a pretty consistent occurence, and always just the one tap. Any thoughts?

Do you always use the same keg on each tap or switch back and forth?

I could only think that you either have a temperature difference between the lines, or perhaps that somewhere in the system are a lot of rough spots that are knocking the Co2 out of solution

I'd look for bends or sharp kinks in the beer line, how it's attached to the shank and if the connection is fairly straight. I'd also look at the shanks and see if there are any rough or misshapen edges in the shank. Also, are they the same type/brand/model of beer line? Different lines can have different resistances.

Do you always use the same keg on each tap or switch back and forth? I could only think that you either have a temperature difference between the lines, or perhaps that somewhere in the system are a lot of rough spots that are knocking the Co2 out of solution

I don't conciously use the same keg on the same tap. I just fill em up when they're empty and tap em. I've had both kegs out of the fridge out the same time, but I could just switch em up in the fridge and see what happens. The lines both sit between the keg and door, away from the freeze lines.

I'd look for bends or sharp kinks in the beer line, how it's attached to the shank and if the connection is fairly straight. I'd also look at the shanks and see if there are any rough or misshapen edges in the shank. Also, are they the same type/brand/model of beer line? Different lines can have different resistances.

The lines are the same, and aren't bent addly. The shanks are a good idea to look at.

Maybe some GUNK in the tap or the line!
If you get that scale crud in ther, it'll foam the crap out of the beer.

Defintely a possibility.
Thanks for all the tips, guys!

Back