Why lord, why?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I want my beer poured my way, and they should be reading my mind so they know how I want it poured. They must also know the glass that I want it in too. If they can't do that they are a worthless piece of crap who have no business behind the bar......

........I am entitled to change my mind later and still be indignant about it too. :D

Actually in Holland the beer glasses are oversized, has room for foam. The glasses are labeled with the 0.5L with a fill line. This allows for foam and a moderately quick pour and nobody is getting stiffed. I haven't been there for 20+ years, but from my memory it seemed to be a common thing there.

This just happened to me as well. We were in a higher end/cost restaurant and the server was training a new person. She said, hold the glass on an angle and pour very slowly until the glass is full so there isn't any foam on the top. I opened my mouth and my wife stabbed me with a fork. Or maybe it just felt that way with the look she gave me. Either way, I just closed my mouth.

My FAVY place is "The Old Bavarian". Beer in pints, liters and 2 liter boots. They also have special house brews that are done at a larger brewery (sub contracted out) that are pretty tasty (not quite a bmc or a home brew but some place in between.) Hand made: Schnitzel, Spatzel, and the seasonal Gluehwein for dessert is the best.

Grrr...Thanks, now I want some Gluehwein...

Where, pray tell, is this glorious sounding place? Just in case I am ever stranded within 100 miles of it, it sounds like a good thing to know :mug:

Back