storing cider and wine in attic

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sp1cer

Reaction score
Hi,

Im just new at brewing, and what I did with my first batch of cider was bottled it, left it for 3-4 days then moved it up to the attic where I was intending to store it. Im in Scotland so we dont get much hot weather.

When I phoned to order more equipment today the guy on the phone told me I should not be storing in the attic that I should store everything at room temperature.

Any opinions please if its ok to keep storing in attic for both wine and cider

Ta,

Pam

Hi,

Im just new at brewing, and what I did with my first batch of cider was bottled it, left it for 3-4 days then moved it up to the attic where I was intending to store it. Im in Scotland so we dont get much hot weather.

When I phoned to order more equipment today the guy on the phone told me I should not be storing in the attic that I should store everything at room temperature.

Any opinions please if its ok to keep storing in attic for both wine and cider

Ta,

Pam

Attic, definitely not. Shingled roofs get really hot in mildly warm weather. If you have a cellar/crawl-space/basement use that.

Room temp for carbing, Cool temps for storage. ~ 50-60 'F

I'm going to say it depends. What is the temp in the attic? Does the temperature fluctuate during the day? 10-15C is typical "cellar" temperature. If your attic maintains this with no wild fluctuations, you will be fine.

I'm going to say it depends. What is the temp in the attic? Does the temperature fluctuate during the day? 10-15C is typical "cellar" temperature. If your attic maintains this with no wild fluctuations, you will be fine.

Very True... I meant to say the same basic thing.

Latest posts

Back