Anyone kegged this brand of soda?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tylo_k2008

Reaction score
Has anyone used this Homebrew Soda Extract in a cornelious keg and kept it on tap? I bought it off some website because it was the cheapest I could find and I want to make it tomorrow and have it ready by Easter. Hoping to make it first thing in the morning. :rockin: All i see is that it is Homebrew old fashioned root beer. One bottle makes 4 gallons. Im just wondering because it doesn't have any directions with it. Im not sure how to do it all. Do I still dissolve the sugar? and how much? What pressure should I keep it at? This is my first attempt at kegging soda so I just want to make sure I do it right. Thanks alot! :ban:

soda.jpg

The cat in my avatar was enjoying the cream soda from that brand. If she approves it must be good.

Oh man that one is great I make it quite often! I use 2 to 2.5 cups of sugar per gallon with one table spoon of extract. I think they recommend 2.25 cups. So for 4 gallons I'd do the whole bottle and 9 cups of sugar.

As for carbonation put it high!

Well I know I have to let it carbonate but I thought it was like 3 days. Also say I put the pressure at 40psi (is that where it should be?) do I leave it at that pressure even when its ready to drink or do I turn it down?

Well I suppose if you have a paint can shaker or good forearms, you could put it at 40 psi and shake it up good for an hour or so. Otherwise I'm afraid your just sol.

Oh and you may want to add a little critic acid or cream of tartar to break up the sugar molecules.

Back