Happy to have finally brewed a batch!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

de_ronde

Reaction score
I have had a full year away from brewing due to crazy schedule / work / family and other issues.

I finally did a quick extract batch yesterday just to get something fermenting in the carboy.

It felt good to get ready for work this morning and hear the plop, plop, plop of the airlock in the kitchen.

This is a truly wonderful hobby, and I am happy to be back in the saddle.

Cheers!

Sean

Is it like riding a bike?

In some ways, but I was a bit rusty with a few things (Forgot to add Irish Moss being one example). I think the biggest change was trying do everything with a toddler "helping" me out. Several items had to be washed and sanitized more than once thanks to his "help."

But.. funny you should mention riding a bike... one of the things that kept me away from brewing was a particularly busy cycling season since the Spring...

More hours spent on the bike has meant fewer hours available for the hobby. I'm hoping to brew again before this one is bottled to replenish the pipeline.

Cheers!
Sean

I've had a few gaps in my brewing. The hardest part is always re-collecting the equipment.

Back