Interested in an Electric Kettle Set Up? Come on in....

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
6/16/13: Bringing back this old thread... So we have a 1" NPS (straight thread) couplers that will fit directly up with an element. No more jimmy rigging an element into a NPT tapered threaded coupler.

Pricing will be $35/coupler. That includes the half 1" NPS coupler which will be sanitary TIG welded into any size kettle we offer. Lead times for these custom kettles will be 1-2 weeks.

For inquires or purchasing please email [email protected].

:mug:

5/9/12: Well we will be rolling out a kettle with a custom 1" stainless coupler that is specially designed for an electric water heater element. The coupler is designed so the electric heater element will sit flush against the coupler engaging the o-ring (no more bottoming out on the NPT threads).

Our question is, who is interested? The additional coupler and welding will be a $30-$40 charge. :mug:

I would be interested and I would very interested if there was an all-in-one closed (no exposed wires) coupler. It would be great to not have to build something to cover the connections.

I would be interested. Do you supply the keggle and element or a whole set up if you supply a whole set up I would love to have one.

I am interested, but it will be a while before I upgrade. I. Like the idea of an affordable and easy solution.

definitely interested. with welds, seems like one less place for gunk to take up residence

Anything happening on these? I am interested, since I have the capability to go full boil, and it'd be nice to have properly machined attachment points...

Sorry for the hold up guys! We have a bunch of couplers in and we're finishing up our prototype. After that is proven successful we'll be making tooling and starting to weld them into kettles.

Have you looked at welding spuds like Bobby M sells? They might be easier to weld on and thread deep enough for elements to seal. Just an idea....

Have you looked at welding spuds like Bobby M sells? They might be easier to weld on and thread deep enough for elements to seal. Just an idea....

Those are still a 1" NPT thread. We don't feel comfortable selling a product with a coupler that has a 1" tapered thread that will be used with a heating element with a 1" straight thread. It comes down to a liability thing.

Soon enough we will have our couplers read to go :ban:

Hi Ben,

I am looking to make a 20 gal ebiab set up in the somewhat near future and this sounds right up my alley. Please let me know when you have these available!

Interested in a 15-20 pot with this and ground stud.

The closer it is to plug and play the more interested I am. Electricity is an area where I get nervous with diy

Hi Ben,

I am looking to make a 20 gal ebiab set up in the somewhat near future and this sounds right up my alley. Please let me know when you have these available!

Hey guys we are still working on these. The machining is done and now we need to make tooling for the welding. As soon as I have a finished product I will post something up for you guys! :mug:

I'm on vacation this week but the machine shop should have the tooling made by the time I get back. I have (40) 1" couplers that we'll have machined off the bat which should last us for some initial orders. I'll keep everyone posted! :mug:

I just received my 10 gallon kettle with 2 vertical couplings and I had another added for a sight tube. Looks great, nice sturdy quality product and I'm very pleased.

Now I see this post and wish I would have waited and added the coupling for the element too. Would it be possible to get it added to my kettle through you guys. I'm in Sheboygan so wouldn't be a far drive to bring it down to Milwaukee. Let me know if this could be possible or if interested.

Thanks

The 1" couplers just got in today. They need to machined to the straight thread. The machinist is finishing up the tooling for the welding. I'll get on him and hopefully it'll be done by the weekend.

Perfect timing on this, I'm looking into switching over to electric... I would normally never have considered a welded option, I'm a weldless fan all the way, as I'm a cheapskate and like things I know how to take apart and put back together -- but hey, the heater element is one place where I could absolutely see the benefit in having a sure-fire seal, so I'll consider it. (Take that w/ a grain of salt, as I'm an aluminum guy too, same reason, cheap & easier to drill than SS!) Looking forward to more info after your test welds are done.

SpikeBrewing - Can you give a little more info about your pots. Type and guage of SS, dimensions per pot size, is the bottom triple clad if so what material is sandwich between the SS.

I brewed my first batch in my new spike brew kettle. I had no burning to the bottom. The weld and very nicely done and the couplings are threaded perfectly and heavy duty. I dud 2 vertical with the optional sight glass coupler. Very satisfied with my purchase. The handles are very sturdy. Thank you Spike Brewing, look forward to adding the 1" coupling for my future electric conversion.

Back