Control Panel Layout/Labels

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bobby_M

Vendor and Brewer
HBT Sponsor
Reaction score
I've been selling cut vinyl decals for a few different purposes including labeling control panel switches and PIDs, etc as seen here:
brewhardwarepanelnew.jpg

It's a compact way to cut/ship them to have them grouped together where you can lay them out on your panel however you need to, but it's also tedious.

What I thought I'd offer up is the ability to send me a complete layout diagram so that I can cut it with all the labels in the exact placement that you want. That way you would remove the backing, squeegee it on, and remove the masking for a perfect one-shot application.

It costs a bit more since it uses up more material but I think it's probably worth it.

If you designed your layout in some graphics/CAD program, you can send me the file directly. Something like this (borrowed from the gallery)

Control_Panel7.jpg

If you are more organic and lay things out on the panel, you could also tape a piece of paper over the panel and do a rubbing of all the device holes and then hand print what kind of words you want where. I'd scan that and then overlay clean graphics.

You could also incorporate other graphics like a logo or whatever.
What do y'all think?

I'm in the process of designing and building my new setup / control panel. I would be interested in this for my panel. About how much would you think for that example you have shown? Just so I get an idea of cost.

Are you going to offer multiple colors for the lettering?

Multiple colors like rainbow? :mug: ...or do you mean, more than one color?

As of right now, I have gloss black or white in the highest quality vinyl. I can get any color you want, but I'd be buying it in quantities that are more expensive so I'd have to figure out a price for you.

If you're asking about multi-layer coloring or two or more colors in the same applicable sheet, each color would add 100% more cost.

Back