Box Sharing

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Spintab

Reaction score
Recently mailed a couple brews to a fellow home brewer for the first time but packaging is pretty expensive, but then I thought about the fact that he could return it to me with new beer in it. I don't know, I think that's kind of a cool concept. Might be a cool section in the forums of offers to do beer shares. I'll send you some of mine, but your semi-obligated to refill the bottles and use the same packaging to return them.

I think it's a great idea. I tie flies, and a couple forums I am on do swaps. It is a neat concept and great to see others abilities.

What would make it more interesting is to have a host who has lets say 11 people send them beer and the host includes one of their own. A 12 pack is then shipped to all of the 11 and the host has a 12 as well. Everyone would cover their shipping both ways.

We also have our own contests that way too. It can be real fun.

Gotcha Airborneguy. Thanks for the link. I guess a dedicated forum section could ultimately end in a slew of broken rules and temped legality issues. Removing that portion, consider friends you know that brew. And if they don't, make them send you back commercial beer that you can't get in your area. Where I live, our container size limit is 16oz (not to mention our homebrew limit is 0, lame) so I have to go out of state to cash in on the really good stuff.

Short answer, I like beer. Long, less sarcastic answer, mostly American craft beer, but I'm open to anything. I don't usually dig most belgian beers (too funky) and most wheat beers (too gym socky) but I have come across some that really blew me away. Lagunitas Little Sumpin Sumpin is awesome and it's very much a wheat beer. I've had some fellow home brewers belgian brews that were great. If I really had to narrow it down though, I'd go with IPA's, Porters, Stouts (not too big), and when I'm looking for something lighter, a well made lager like a SN Summerfest. I'm a home brewer though, it'd be against my brewligion to not try anything twice.

Back