Umm in all it's goodness.....

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

r3dn3ckstyl3z

Reaction score
So it's day 3 of my first batch. It's a bastardized Imperial Stout. I used Brown Sugar instead of Honey to try to bring out the chocolate malt. Now my house smells like a combo of beer, bread and pot. It's fermenting in a pantry in my kitchen tucked nicely in the back corner. I hope that it turns out as good as it is smelling. About another week in primary then rack off to the carboy for a week or so. Then to bottles for a couple weeks.

This whole waiting game is killing me. It's only been three days. I wanna just pop the lid and use my racking tube for a straw, lol.:rockin:

Do yourself a favor, let it spend more than 10 days in primary. The last RIS I brewed spent 6 weeks in primary. An imperial stout is a huge beer that needs time to come into its own, 10 days is insufficient to brew a good RIS.

Well, i guess it's off to the brew shop in the AM to pick up some stuff that won't take as long, lol, while i'm waiting for this to ferment. I love a good stout but it didn't realize that it took that long.

Back