Fajitas

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

texmedic49

Reaction score
So I had a little more time to kill and thought someone might like a good fajita recipe:

5lb beef skirt steak or chicken breasts
1 bottle Mojo Crillo
1 can fajita seasoning
1 clean, fragrance-free garbage bag

Trim the skirt steak or chicken, removing all fat that you can get off, also removing the remainder of the diaphragm (the tough white stuff on the skirt steak). Insert meat into garbage bag. Pour in the entire bottle of Mojo Crillo. Tie the bag tightly and let sit in the fridge for 4-6 hours. Remove the meat from garbage bag, trying to keep as much of the juice as you can. Rub fajita seasoning into meat, rubbing each piece until the seasoning is IN the grain of the beef (this won't happen with chicken). You'll know when enough is enough, and you don't have to use the whole can of seasoning. Place the meat back in the bag. Let it sit in the fridge overnight. Grill over hot coals, preferably using mesquite wood, until the juice runs clear and the meat is red and slightly "burnt" looking. Slice immediately, cutting ACROSS the grain of the beef. Serve with hot flour tortillas, pico de gallo, sour cream, guacamole cheese, etc.

We use a locally produced "red" fajita seasoning, that is probably only available here in Houston, so I don't know what other rubs will taste like with this liquid marinade. It probably doesn't matter though. The liquid marinade is the key, IMHO. You don't have to use a garbage bag, but the marinade might leave a stain on Rubbermaid or Tupperware containers when combined with the dry rub. It's easy and disposable. I do that with my briskets too, nothing to clean up! :D

Latest posts

Back