Specialty IPA: Rye IPA Denny Conn's Wry Smile Rye IPA

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
2nd batch this year. I went a little heavier on the rye this go round but I'm digging it.

Attachments

• 20200714_215348.jpg
    20200714_215348.jpg
    3.2 MB · Views: 31
I've made 70 unique 5 gallon batches, 71 total. The one I brewed twice was Denny's Rye IPA. Cheers! For a picture, see post #729 :cool:

My attempt at this was VERY opaque compared to the photos I've seen in this thread, but I didn't use any clarification adjuncts, and had to use the ingredients I had available where I am: Rye IPA - BIAB Specialty IPA: Rye IPA Homebrew Beer Recipe - Brewer's Friend

Tastes & smells great though, so am hoping it's just the changes I had to make, and not oxidation which I have only had with very highly dry hopped beers, which this isn't.

Anyone else had a similar outcome?

This recipe is GREAT! Cracked my first bottle on Friday and it is delicious. My batch came in just a hair low in the OG, but got a little higher attenuation so still came in at 7%. It is smooth, with a thick creamy head and a perfect balance of malt and hop flavor and aroma. Thanks @Denny for sharing, and for the great pod cast. I've been binge listening and am almost caught up.

Cheers!

My attempt at this was VERY opaque compared to the photos I've seen in this thread, but I didn't use any clarification adjuncts, and had to use the ingredients I had available where I am: Rye IPA - BIAB Specialty IPA: Rye IPA Homebrew Beer Recipe - Brewer's Friend

Tastes & smells great though, so am hoping it's just the changes I had to make, and not oxidation which I have only had with very highly dry hopped beers, which this isn't.

Anyone else had a similar outcome?
May as well reply to myself from a couple years back... this turned out amazing, even with the adjusted ingredients due to local availability, still one of the best beers I've brewed!

Back