Brew day pics...

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Duckfoot

Reaction score
DSC_0011.jpg

DSC_0012.jpg

DSC_0013.jpg

Beer stuff to follow after I get some stuff moved...

:mug:

The man loves butt...:p

Did the brew hut get blown around?

:off:

Nope. Not a drop of rain either. Just a lightly windy day. Got some work done on the brewhaus. Got temporary lights up and running. Working on it today, cleaning up & making room for framing out the cold room.

Now back to the Butt. More pics please. :D

Finally got to try out the new keggle...

DSC_0015.jpg

DSC_0016.jpg

All is good... Feels good to have a full 5 gallon boil with no boilover for once...

The butt didn't last long after it was out of the smoker, so no pics... :( But it was damned tasty...

:off:
Glad to hear you weathered the storm Ed...

It is the worst curbed wheel out of the bunch... There is another new one in the box in the garage... Gotta dig out an old spare to set the stand on next time...

DSC_0011.jpg

DSC_0012.jpg

DSC_0013.jpg

Beer stuff to follow after I get some stuff moved...

:mug:
I have the same smoker;I like it but unfortunately its a guessing game to know when you meat is done. I'm assuming that was pork shoulder? (commonly known to everyone else as pulled pork) How long did you smoke it? I've been wanting to smoke one of them for a while. Did the coals last or did you run into trouble? I usually use three big chunks of hickory and soak them over night How did your smoke hold out?

It was a Boston Butt I picked up at the K-Roger a while back on sale...

Meat thermometers are you best friend when it comes to whether it is done or not.... If memory serves me, pork is done it temp is over 165*F.... If not, well, I dodged the trichinosis bullet this time... :rockin:

It was on the smoker for about 7 hours... Started the coals around 10am and was in around 11am... Pulled it off around 6p, let it sit for 30 minutes in foil and shredded it up, added a little sauce and served it up...

I use hardwood lump charcoal and hickory chunks if I have them (soaked in water overnight)... Usually have to add some coals every hour or so... The easiest part of that particular smoker is the 'gauge'.... Just keep it in the "Ideal" range and you are good to go... Hell, SWMBO kept an eye on it while I was gone for a few hours... And while I love her to death, she ain't no Martha Stewart in the kitchen.... :D

Nothing like hearing a bunch of grown men obsessing and talking about eating butt:D
I too like a nice juicy butt............of the pork variation

Back