Have kegs and co2 tank what next?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GodsStepBrother

Reaction score
So i have 3 sanke kegs, and just bought a 20lb C02 tank last night for cheap. However i am lost to what is next? I went to keg connection.com due to so many threads acknowledging there prices and good service. However i dont know what i need now? I bought the fridge, and am ready to make my kegerator however so manny different regulators, valves etc... i dont know what they are for. I also noticed its pretty much cheaper to buy this package work.http://stores.kegconnection.com/Detail.bok?no=319

than ordering all the parts to make my 20lb C02 tank work? At least i think this is true. I have three kegs and would like for two of them to be in the kegerator at once? Do i need two regulators?

I guess i just need to know what the minimum i need to take a glass of beer out of one of my sanke kegs.:mug:

you need two of the sanke D couplers, but just one regulator.

Split the gas line coming off the regulator with a hose barb "T" and connect it to both couplers. You will need two faucets for two kegs.

By the way.... how big is your fridge? You can actually get two sanke kegs in it at the same time?

I am not very familiar with sanke kegs, but it looks like there are two kind of connectors? Ones that use a lever to attach them and ones that screw on? Really not sure if you can attach either kind of coupler to any sanke.

Very cool! Thank you, i am gonna order today when i get home. To tell you the truth i dont know how big the fridge is my friend is giving it to me so i have only seen pictures but i figure i can keep two kegs in it.

I also ready you can keep the c02 outside the fridge correct? Just drill through the fridge?

Very cool! Thank you, i am gonna order today when i get home. To tell you the truth i dont know how big the fridge is my friend is giving it to me so i have only seen pictures but i figure i can keep two kegs in it.

I also ready you can keep the c02 outside the fridge correct? Just drill through the fridge?

Yeah, you CAN do this, but you have to be careful where you drill or you'll hit a cooling line in the fridge and ruin it completely.

If you can put two sanke kegs in your fridge (each one is over 16" in diameter) then perhaps you'll have room to put the tank in there, too. Sounds like it's a pretty big fridge.

Yes i am using them for my home brew, i learned on this site how to open them. Pretty simple to do. I opened all of them took out the stem and soaked overnight with oxi clean twice. Then i just rinsed them out and they are perfect i hope. I looked into them dwith a mirror and they are squeaky clean. It is just like cleaning carboys.

The hard part is taking out this little ring that holds the stem down, after that it is easy.

If you can put two sanke kegs in your fridge (each one is over 16" in diameter) then perhaps you'll have room to put the tank in there, too. Sounds like it's a pretty big fridge.

Sanke's come in several sizes, including 1/6 BBL (5 gal) which is just slightly larger diameter than a corny keg. If the OP's kegs are full 1/2 BBL size, then it would take a pretty big fridge to hold two of them.

Back