how do i store hops

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

yoyokid82005

Reaction score
i have some hops that i didnt use today i was wondering how to store hops so they wont loose alot of alpha acids. thier pellets if that matters.

If you have a vacuum sealer, you can use that and stick them in the freezer until you need them again. If you don't have a vacuum sealer, a ziploc bag will do ok.

Oh, no, if they are still in the nice silver vacuum sealed packs, that's best! They can be frozen just like that. I have several unopened packages in a ziploc in my freezer- just to keep them all in one place and not loose in the freezer!

Once opened, vacu-sealing and re-freezing them is best. If you use a zip lock, squeeze as much air out as possible before freezing them.

Tom

ill just put them in a ziplock so i dont have them all over the freezer. wat would be the best before it gets to cold to deterioate the acids.

Latest posts

Back