Effing Mets!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Ok, Willie Randolph sucks. I want to see Bobby V back! This team would kick ass with a great motivator like Big Old Bobby V! Being a white male Mets fan, those recent comments about race that Willie made, made my blood curdle. It's not because of your color...it's because you can't motivate your team of potential all-stars, and you have no idea of how your pitchers work, or it's because you're too relaxed, don't want to use the squeeze, don't want to use the wheel play for a bunt, don't want to stick up for your players for a crappy call. You ain't no Joe Torre. Get your own style. And by the way, if your skin was striped purple and yellow with green polka dots and you helped your team win, I would love you. GO ROT IN THE BRONX Yankee!
It's ok if people don't respond, I just wanted to get the word out...WILLIE RANDOLPH SUCKS!

I'm not the biggest Willie supporter, but I think it's time for him to go. It's not his fault the Mets are a sub-500 team and they can't hit, but they've been playing with the same lack of fire they had during the slide last year. When David Wright comes out and says that the Mets aren't really trying, it's time to shake things up. Personally, I wouldn't mind seeing Omar go too. But I don't think Bobby V is the answer, Manny Acta would have been great.

Try being a tigers fan right about now.

Tigers were hit pretty hard with injuries ... well and the realization that several of their pitchers aren't as good as most think they are (I'm looking at you Bonderman & Robertson).

But, losing Rodney, Zumaya, Granderson, Sheffield, Willis and Rogers all for various stretches doesn't help either.

Tigers were hit pretty hard with injuries ... well and the realization that several of their pitchers aren't as good as most think they are (I'm looking at you Bonderman & Robertson).

But, losing Rodney, Zumaya, Granderson, Sheffield, Willis and Rogers all for various stretches doesn't help either.

Willis has been struggling for the last two seasons, Rodney is nothing special, Zumaya cant stop freak accidents from happening and Rogers just cant get batters to chase his junk pitches anymore. I agree with Your Robertson Observation but, Bonderman is not bad....Not great but not Bad.

Ahh that's right Professor Frink was the Mets fan here I recall. I agree Manny Acta would be a wonderful change. They need anyone with a little fire, I think that if Lou Pinella were available or a Tony Larussa, the Mets would respond to their personalities. And Omar...Granted, they made a great move in the schneider, church trade. But, that really doesn't fix the bullpen (heilman) issues, which I thought was their main priority since mid-2007.
Honestly, even though Colorado is playing horribly, I still can't be confident we'll get a win out of this series. The bats are dead.

I don't have a good feeling about this series. Heilman is probably out options, so we can't send him to the minors, so maybe we need to trade him for 50 cents on the dollar and just cut Delgado outright. This team needs some type of wake up call, I can't watch them sleepwalk through 3 more months before something happens. Church has been a phenomenal pickup, but you can't ignore bad trades like getting rid of Royce Ring, Brian Bannister, etc. and signing old players like Alou and Castillo who can't stay healthy. Omar gets too much credit and not enough of the blame. I really hope this team turns it around, but there isn't much to suggest that will happen anytime soon.

Well, as of this second the Mets are losing 2-1 to the Rockies. So your ill feelings towards this series are thus far spot on!!
Absolutely, Heilman needs to go. I'm sure he longs to be a starter again, I'm sure he's tired of being booed. A change of scenery would be beneficial to both him and the Mets.
I believe I heard that Delgado's contract is up at the end of the year, and there was some specualtion that they were going to wait for Mark Teixeira at the end of the year. That is far too long to wait...I'm sure Delgado will hurt something before August and they'll be left with either Easley or Marlon Anderson at first.
Well, Marlon Anderson just injured something...

Yup, a hammy for Marlon Anderson. I don't think Heilman will ever start in NY, he needs to go elsewhere. Delgado has a team option at the end of the year, which of course will not be picked up, so we certainly have a shot at Texiera, however, isn't he a Boras client? Perez is battling out there tonight, but he's at about the point where he falls apart, he's such a headcase. We need Jobu to take the curse off these bats...

Latest posts

Back