carbing / serving stout

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jonp9576

Reaction score
if i were to keg the stout, should i carb it with co2, then push it with the mix, or do i carb it with the mx? how does that work?

or should i carb it with sugar and then push it with the mix?

To answer your question, as I understand it you will want to carb with CO2 or natural carb. then push with beer gas. I'm assuming you have a stout faucet.

i have a stout faucet. this is my first stout.

i have access to co2 or a nitrogen mix. i just dont know which to use. i'm very new to brewing

+1 on carbing with CO2, and then serving with beer gas (your 25% CO2 75% Nitrogen mix)

is it possible to carb with the mix? i've heard of nitroginateing(sp) beer. does the nitrogen dissolve as well as the co2?

Can you serve the stout with CO2? I'dlove to make one but haven't because I don't have the correct gas. If the Nitrogen is just for the head then I could live without until I get setup.

Can you serve the stout with CO2? I'dlove to make one but haven't because I don't have the correct gas. If the Nitrogen is just for the head then I could live without until I get setup.

Yes, you just don't get the same head/mouthfeel. It's still tasty, though!

Back