Superior/Bev Air BM23 repair

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RoseHawke

Reaction score
G'day, all. I lurk, mostly, but we scored a "Superior Deluxe Tapster" off of Craigslist the other day for what we thought a decent price (still do), but not totally unexpectedly appears to need some work. Specifically it's the old story of "not getting cold enough" (45* appears to be the best we can do) so we assume that it needs a new temperature control/thermostat. We've been unable to find anything like a parts list for this model online, but have found parts for the BM23.

My understanding is that these are the same unit, but if possible I would like to know if anyone has put BM23 parts on the Superior product and with what amount of success. We don't do homebrew - yet - so right now the thing has a commercial 1/2 keg in it which we are going to move to our spare refrigerator and use a picnic tap while the unit is down. I'm trying to nudge the husband figure towards homebrewing as I do not need another hobby. Besides which he's got a very good mentor in my brother-in-law who has been brewing successfully for several years now and definitely has the kinks worked out of his technique.

Anyways, if y'all could give me an idea if the parts are truly interchangeable it would be greatly appreciated.

Back