Beer tragedy!! Help me recover!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

petrostar

Reaction score
So I'll be short and quick about this as I'm in an extremely volatile emotional state. About a month and a half ago I brewed an all simcoe hops Ipa. I carbed it last thursday and this beer was amazzaazing!

I only had picnic faucets left over from my wedding so I used those. I had about 4-5 glasses of it since. Tuesday morning I got up at 4am for work and went to the garage and the aroma of hops was very present. My ****ty tap handle had pissed my entire keg onto my garage floor. RIP

So here's my question, I'm in the market for 4 faucets with 3-4 shanks. I want good ones but don't want to spend one billion dollars. Are Perlick taps the best? Where is the cheapest place to buy including shipping? I've looked at kegworks and thebeveragefactory, are they the cheapest? Thanks for the help.

Perlicks are the best but the other style work just fine. The cheapest price I could find was on Amazon.

If you don't buy the Perlicks now, you will eventually when you get tired of the sticking and mold that's common with the cheaper faucets.

AWWWWW!!! sorry for your loss!!!! But, ya I have perlicks, too, and they seem top notch! Easy to use, easy to disassemble and clean...

I've actually heard 525 ss perlicks are in recall bc they fail. I have two that haven't yet, but I believe they have redesigned them now. The perlick tech said they have had to replace 6000. Just do your research.

Just bite the bullet and buy the perlicks. I bought cheaper ones at first, and then ended buying the perlicks a year later. I Love mine!

You never regret buying quality.

please tell me you took the day off and rightfully spent the day lapping the beer off the garage floor!

please tell me you took the day off and rightfully spent the day lapping the beer off the garage floor!

I wish I could have...I spent 10 hours at work thinking and dwelling on this tragedy! Coming home to clean up was NOT the highlight of my day. I did however get ONE glass of beer out of it.

Sorry man... that sucks. I have done similar.... although not a whole keg. That stuff happens. Don't dwell on it, fill that fermenter back up.

Your beer deserves nothing but the best - Perlicks. Let the inferior beers be poured from the inferior taps.

I went with 3 Perlick 525SS taps with 3 1/8" shank assemblies with 3/16" tailpiece assemblies. Total cost at Adventures in homebrewing was 151 SHIPPED!
Nobody else touched that price from all the research I did this morning. Those perlicks were 29.99 each.

Back