help!!!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hey all just started another batch of larger i noticed just as i added the yeast it was up to the 24liter mark so i took some out and got it to 23liters didnt take any yeast but will this affect my brew?

It wouldn't have mattered either way in the grand scope of things. Next time, just look at it as an extra two bottles or so if you end up with an extra liter.

Wouldnt it make the beer weak? So it doesnt matter that ive taken some out? Its the european larger so wont find out for 13weeks+

You didn't make it any stronger by taking some out. The concentration is the same as before, only with less volume (less beers). The only way around this is to watch your volumes while boiling or back-filling with water. It helps to add some markings to the side of your boil pot. Then you can concentrate it down by boiling or dilute it by adding water.:rockin:

The strength of the beer comes from the concentration of the sugars in the wort. To make your wort more concentrated you need to start with less water, or more sugar, or boil off more water. Once the water is mixed with the sugar boiling, or adding more sugar are your only options to increase strength.

You are talking about 1 extra liter on 23 liters? You probably won't even notice the difference. I would let it ferment then bottle/keg. It'll be fine I'm sure

Leave it. Say your target is 6 gal and a gravity of 1.050. That's 50 points per gallon.

6 times 50 is a total of 300 pts. If you actually had 24 liters or 6.3 gallons, your new S.G. will be 300/6.3 or 47 points per gallon. 1.047 is not a big difference.

Either way, don't dump your homebrew. If you overfill you probably don't have any space to add any boiled down extract anyways, and trust me it's a pain in the butt.

+1 leave it

You are at margin of being able to tall dif even in side by side comparison. And the more you mess with it the more chance to mess it up...I bet it's going to be great. I want to say you will fix mistake on next batch but really being off 5% on your gravity is not really that much of an issue to even cal it a mistake. Please come back and tell us how it turns out.

Back