I have reached Beervana

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dontman

Reaction score
I am sitting here late on a Sunday night, wife's gone to bed. I am sipping on a beer that amazes me in its simple yet perfect flavor and I am realizing just how happy I am, not only with life, but with the (enormous now) investment of time and money that I have put into my beer hobby.

I routinely drink beers that would rival anything out there yet I made them myself. I now pour my beers from 7 different taps that I hve strategically located in different places throughout my house.

Most recently I brought my cellar refrigerator on line. I'll show a couple pics:

New_Fridge_013.JPG

New_Fridge_016.JPG

New_Fridge_018.JPG

Upstairs in my kitchen I have a two tap kegerator.

I have a beerpub menu that I hand to people when they come in that lists about 15 different beers that they can order. Most recently I devoted one of my taps to soda and I am getting a surpising amount of pleasure from that tap. Not for me, but my wife LOVES the cream soda that I did as a first stab. Last night we had some friends over and they love beer but they were blown away at the best Ice Cream Sodas that we served for dessert.

Also now I've got two fermentation fridges going and this week I am starting the build on an 800 bottle wine cellar with climate control.

This is just some cool ****. I don't think I've ever had such pure fun in my life.

I am wondering whether there are others out there that are just blown away by the enjoyment they get out of this seemingly innocuous hobby when you first start out.

I see stories like The Pol creating his awesome brew sculpture or beerthirty and his godlike mobile brewery or John Beere and pretty much every thing he does for this hobby and think, yes these folks get what I'm talking about.

I actually have a little post partum depression now that my latest diy (that fridge) is fully online and working perfectly. I can't even tweak the thermostat or anything. It is exactly where I want it to be.

Funny, but my latest joy is these three Perlicks that I brought online yesterday. I thought I was fine with simple taps, perhaps even party taps, but wow, there is nothing like the action on a Perlick. And the guy tried to let me off the hook too. He was saying 'sure the perlicks are nice but will add quite a bit of money to the tab.' Well worth it.

Anyway, anyone else out there where this hobby has completely surprised you in the various ways that you can have fun with it?

Thank god I went ahead and posted this in drunken ramblings. It certainly is where this belongs.

Back