Obnoxious Football Trash Talk Thread

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It's been so long I had to Google that ;)

New England Championships 2011 to present: one Stanley Cup, two World Series, and three Super Bowls.

What was that about "Title Town" again? :D

guess somebody forgot to stop drinking long enough to check reality that Green Bay is #12 on the list

upload_2020-1-12_21-20-21.png

I get it. They "named" their hamlet "Titletown" without regard to actually winning titles.
Fine. Aside from curling wtf else do they have up there in that godforsaken tundra ;)

It was really just a question which team was going to out-terrible the other one. No one is shocked it was the Seachickens that ended up being just a little more terrible.

"New England" is a town now? Not a geographical region encompassing SIX states? Championship count seems a little lite considering its over 10% of the country.
It's been so long I had to Google that ;)

New England Championships 2011 to present: one Stanley Cup, two World Series, and three Super Bowls.

What was that about "Title Town" again? :D

Aside from curling wtf else do they have up there in that godforsaken tundra ;)

They have nothing. I had to live in that town for a few years, and the only thing that town has going for it as far as entertainment is football. When I could get lifelong residents of that town off the topic of football, they'd admit it. They'd say "if it wasn't for the packers, Appleton would be the most notable town in the area".

Curling? I don't remember anyone talking about curling around there. I'd even crack jokes about curling and people would just stand there and wonder what I was talking about.

Cheese curds? They didn't even have much for small cheese shops. If you want cheese curds you likely have to go to Culver's or A&W. Or the gas station on Thursday or Friday.

When people go to that area to vacation they typically end up in the Tourist Trap of Door County. At least that place has enough to do that it takes more than a day to see it all.

Green Bay is, without a doubt, the most boring town of it's size I've ever been to.

We can all agree that the midwest and east coast are garbage places with garbage people.

Nah, the midwest is great. Most of the people in that town were even decent. I didn't meet too many people who are as obnoxious about their team as a couple of the NE fans in here. The city itself, the packers, and the stadium, they're terrible.

I even went to a game in that cruddy stadium once. The people we sat by were actually pretty nice even though we were cheering against the packers. There was a drunk guy a couple rows ahead of us giving us the stink eye when we'd cheer. I didn't see as many people peeing in the bathroom sink as I thought.

The whole "this stadium is legendary" thing is an absurd excuse not to build a new stadium, though. Those bleachers are horribly uncomfortable. Worst seats I've ever had at a venue intended to seat over a thousand people.

Nah, the midwest is great. Most of the people in that town were even decent. I didn't meet too many people who are as obnoxious about their team as a couple of the NE fans in here. The city itself, the packers, and the stadium, they're terrible.

I even went to a game in that cruddy stadium once. The people we sat by were actually pretty nice even though we were cheering against the packers. There was a drunk guy a couple rows ahead of us giving us the stink eye when we'd cheer. I didn't see as many people peeing in the bathroom sink as I thought.

The whole "this stadium is legendary" thing is an absurd excuse not to build a new stadium, though. Those bleachers are horribly uncomfortable. Worst seats I've ever had at a venue intended to seat over a thousand people.

No one cares...

There’s a curling club in Green Bay. Nice little 3 sheeter. It’s right by the stadium.

There’s one in Appleton, too.

Officially a KC fan for the duration. Yeah we tried but too many injuries, rookies, (cough) bad calls, and we blew it. Favorite boy cousin lives in KC and I like Mahomes' style, would like to see him win one.

We can all agree that the midwest and east coast are garbage places with garbage people.

As opposed to Seattle and much of the west coast. Hoppy must love homelessness, heroin, and crime.

Chicago is a cesspool but I’d take most of the Midwest over the west coast any day. And aside from Boston to DC, the rest of the East coast is pretty nice.

Back