Brewing setup complete!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mullimat

Reaction score
Well, i've done 2 batches of all grain and am hooked. Still not sure about my efficiency calculations because it seems like there is all kinds of info out there about it and it's hard to sort out. According to beersmith it seems (and i could be calculating this wrong) like i'm getting efficiencies in the 70's and that doesn't really seem right being that i'm a new AG brewer and i was still using a store crush (from AHS). Funny thing is my first batch (AHS Holiday Chocolate Stout) had a higher efficiency than my second batch (AHS Belgian Noel) but the belgian noel tastes better than ANY beer i've ever made (and i REALLY liked my AHS chocolate raspberry stout). Well, anyways on to the topic i'm starting this thread about. Being that i'm so hooked on AG already i decided to treat myself for my birthday last saturday and get a Barley Crusher! It just came in the mail today and i can't wait to hopefully brew this weekend! I got the ingredients from my LHBS last weekend (uncrushed grain) for EdWort's Haus Pale ale. So we'll see how that goes! Wish me luck!

Good deal on all the new equipment. You will really like the pale ale. That's Quaffing beer. :mug:

Mr. Mullimat:

Congratulations on that crusher. I'm not that far behind you. I brewed my first Edworts a few weeks ago and can't wait to bottle soon.

Good luck.

Thanks. I really can't wait to try the Haus Pale Ale. What i really would like to start doing now is designing my own recipes but don't know where to start. The rollers are set from the factory at .039. Does this need adjusting at all?

Back