Best beer store between Nashville and Sewanee?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HerbieHowells

Reaction score
I'm going back to my college reunion in Sewanee in a few weeks. I am flying into Nashville, staying there for a day, and then driving down. I had planned on just stopping by J. Barleycorn by the airport on my way down to stock up on some beer for the week, but it appears that they went out of business.

If you happened to find yourself on a road trip from downtown Nashville down 24 towards Monteagle and wanted to stop at a good beer store on the way, preferably somewhere close to the highway so that I don't get lost, where would you stop? Bonus points if you can tell me that they carry Omission gluten free beer for my wife, although if you don't know for sure, the Omission website has a pretty good find a store feature, and I already know of some places on the way where I can get it.

And while you are at it, I hate to be the ******* who goes to another part of the country and refuses to drink anything other than beer he could get at home. Anything I should look for that I might not be able to find outside of the South? (Terrapin Rye PA is on the top of my list.)

Frugal Macdoogal is near downtown, 701 division street. They've got a pretty good selection of craft beer. There's also a place at 1118 Halcyon Ave called the filling station. They fill growlers if that's your thing. Brewstogo.com is their web address. Down 24 in Murfreesboro is stones river total beverage at 208 North Thompson Lane. Not bad. If it's been awhile since you've been to Nashville you may be surprised by the number of breweries that've opened up. I suggest you take some extra time and make a brewery run.

Good to hear that the Nashville brewing scene is picking up. I never spent that much time in Nashville while in college, as I was pretty content to hang out on the Mountain with a twelve pack of PBR or a bottle of Rebel Yell :)drunk:). Having a gluten intolerant wife means that I don't spend a whole lot of time visiting breweries, but I will certainly look for local offerings while out on the town.

Back