beersmith issue

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Glynn

Reaction score
does anyone know how to fix how beersmith rounds up grain to the next lb. when i first started using it i would click on the increase amt button and it would round up to the nextlb. for example from 4lb 12oz to 5 lbs. now for some reason it goes from 4lb 12oz to 4lb 16oz instead of rounding to 5. if i click it again i get 5lb 4oz. if i go back it goes back to 4lb 16 oz

That's an interesting glitch..are you using the most current version of BS? You can maybe try changing the increments in the settings under Tools > Options > "Units" tab to a different number and then back again and see if that fixes it. I usually just double click the grain I want to change and fine tune the amount from there.

I usually just double click the grain I want to change and fine tune the amount from there.

I do the same thing, I don't use the buttons, I just key in the values I want. I'm at work so I don't have BS in front of me, but it sounds like a glitch like sixstrings said.

I figured out what was wrong. i inadvertently checked the box that's say show English weights in lb/oz

Back