RC Helicopter

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Zuljin

I come from the water
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
Anybody? I'm sure somebody. Somebody here's got more RC helicopter that I got car.

I'm not looking for a V-twin that flys. Just maybe a little electric one to play with, indoors and out.

Depending on your skill level the blade mSR or mCP would both be good choices, go with the mSR if you're just starting out it is great for learning how to hover.

I've got the Blade Scout CX, great for indoors & outside when there's no wind, but it's really meant for flying indoors. They have others that fly outside, have a look here:
http://www.bladehelis.com/Helis/

I got the Scout CX cuz it was inexpensive, yet more advanced than AirHogs. It flys just fine, lot's of fun; but it's weak point is a small strut that holds the rotor on the shaft. That's usually the 1st thing & often the only thing to break when it crashes. The faring is pretty thin & will only take so much before cracking/breaking, but it's pretty much just a cosmetic thing.

Both the rotor & faring are easily replaced & spare parts are usually available at the lcl hobby shop. If you decide to buy the Scout CX, I'd suggest you also buy a spare rotor (or 2) and a spare lipo battery. You'll get about 10 minutes of flight time per charge, and while the battery charges fairly quickly, there's nothing like changing out the battery to charge 1 while still flying. A seperate charger is also nice to have, but certainly not required.

Hope this info helps. Regards, GF.

A friend of mine has 2 beginner copters. One is small and costs like $40. Fun to fly inside and fairly maneuverable for the price. The other is around $100 and is much bigger and slightly more difficult to fly. Still not a full fledged copter, but fun to fly while learning. It's big enough to carry a small video camera, so I'm thinking up fun things to do with it. I can't remember any of their names, but the very small one I think can be found at ThinkGeek.com

Back