where to get few ft of soft copper tube 1/2in

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Polboy

Reaction score
Im looking for short 1-2ft piece of 1/2in id soft copper tube, i want to make a dip tube with it. I got 2ft but hard version and its impossible to bend it the way i want to. I was just looking for it but i only find big coils (20ft is the smallest), does anyone know where can i get it?
Thanks

My local ACE hardware sells me by the foot on most items. It's just a tad higher than a bulk roll, but IF I only need a foot or two then it pays off nicely. I try to keep at least 10 feet of annealed copper and a few fittings just in case I spring a leak or want to make a change in my system. Don't forget the acid flux and lead and cadmium free solder too. Gotta haves for good solid connections. And for the record, pipe is cheap, compared to the prices on the darn fittings. Thats where the extra cost comes into play. Hope that helps.

Might check with you local HVAC contractor they throw away a lot of 10 ft sections of soft copper. 1/2" is a bit less common but you might make a score if the local HW stores fail you.

Or u could try a scrap yard more than likely they would sell u their pants for cost. I buy copper and lead(for fishing weights) all the time.

I made my own by annealing a foot of rigid. Heated it with mapp gas until glowing, then plopped it into a bucket of cold water. Carefully bent to the shape I wanted to make the dip tube.

Back