Another JAOM Question

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Setheus

Reaction score
I've got a 1 gallon batch 2 days in. The spices were omitted, but the orange is in as is 1/2 a cup of wild blueberries. The fruit is doing it's thing on top and things look good, it's just darker due to the blueberries.

My question is: The airlock bubbles every 5 seconds - like clockwork. This is day 2, but it's been steady like this since the beginning.

Any help here would be great. If I'm just paranoid feel free to let me know.:confused:

Cheers,
Chuck

My question is: The airlock bubbles every 5 seconds - like clockwork. This is day 2, but it's been steady like this since the beginning.

I guess I should have added, is this normal for JAOM? into that. Sorry, my 2yr old was running wild while I typed it.

I sure hope it is normal. I have a gallon of mead going, slow and steady, just like yours. From what I've read, mead takes awhile to ferment.

I sure hope it is normal. I have a gallon of mead going, slow and steady, just like yours. From what I've read, mead takes awhile to ferment.
Yeah, I know about the pace and time it takes for the fermentation. I was just concerned with the pace of the CO2 escaping the airlock - whether it was too slow or really a concern at all?

My JAOM is currently fermenting at about that pace. It started out about 1 bubble per second a slowed to it's current rate pretty quickly. It's only 2 weeks in, and I followed the original recipe. I'd like to know if this is normal as well because it's my first ever mead.

Back