Pencil sketch..need input please!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

azscoob

Brewpub coming soon!
Reaction score
I just whipped up a pencil sketch today for an idea I have for a "Toe-Tag Hefe" for my annual halloween party. I think I need to increase the tag size a little, and might even put the "toe-tag hefe" on the tag or just a name there (maybe Frederick Miller ) I dont know as of yet, but before I ink this in, rescan and start adding color and text on this I thought I would toss this scrap to the wolves for feedback and ideas!
Thanks guys!

scantestfortoetag001.jpg

you have TALENT. that is wicked!

I would definitely put Toe-Tag Hefe on the tag.
my only critique is that right now the death's jaw looks like it is way too over extended. also, the head as a whole looks a little odd just floating there.

awesome concept though.

agreed on the floating head thing, if I ink this one and move forward I will be adding something for background, shoulders or something, maybe pull the "smoke" thing like my other ones. as for the mouth I too am torn on the huge gape but it does follow with my original reaper (take a peek at the original in my first logo post) Thanks for the crazy fast responses too!!

I've told you in PM and I'll say it here...your **** is SICK!! I love the toe tag but I wouldn't go any bigger with it. And I think Beserker is on to something, maybe just a tad skinnier on the lower calf to bring the jaw bone back in line with the upper teeth. Although honestly I probably wouldn't have noticed it if I hadn't read his comment....

i see what you mean about the jaw in your original logo, it does match very well. if i had seen that first, i dont know i would have mentioned it. by the way, PM sent, cause you have SKILL

the name on the tag seems to be a good idea, but do I put it on vertical or horizontal?
might get squished if its not sideways....

as for my art skills, I wanted to be an artist but the pay blows and I'm color blind! I have a friend do the colors after its inked and scanned and I repay him by letting him scoop the profits from any swag that sells with the art on it.

And while I'm at it... I'm in awe of anyone who can "just whip up" something like this.

I'm beginning to think that I should name my brewery Stick Man Beer to equal my creative abilities.

aw come on JKane, you can whip up something great too! I have been drawing for 35 years if you count crayons on the walls! it just takes time to develop, Like a good beer. give it a whirl, post it up and we can offer suggestions and help you out!

I added a bit of robe to eliminate the "floating head syndrome" and converted all colors to black and white, now to add the text to the tag and see what it looks like

ToeTag_rough.jpg

sweet design!

The only input I could make is to add fangs! or i guess make the teeth less human and more animal style. lol

i just finished watching season 1 of True Blood so I've got fangs on my mind.
crap! now that I wrote 'animal style' i'm craving In-N-Out burger...of course no In-N-Out in the bayou. :(

sweet design!

The only input I could make is to add fangs! or i guess make the teeth less human and more animal style. lol

i just finished watching season 1 of True Blood so I've got fangs on my mind.
crap! now that I wrote 'animal style' i'm craving In-N-Out burger...of course no In-N-Out in the bayou. :(

damnit, now you have me craving in-and-out too... and there aren't any for a few thousand miles from me.

and azscoob, that looks great!

damn you all! well looks like I will just have to drive down the street and get In-N-Out for lunch! mmm a nice double-double animal style and fresh hot fries.....muahahahaha!!

although, White Castle is my favorite for drunken munchies, and that is thousands of miles from here...sigh... the frozen ones are close if you first let them thaw then nuke them for a few seconds in the sealed wrapper.

damn you all! well looks like I will just have to drive down the street and get In-N-Out for lunch! mmm a nice double-double animal style and fresh hot fries.....muahahahaha!!

although, White Castle is my favorite for drunken munchies, and that is thousands of miles from here...sigh... the frozen ones are close if you first let them thaw then nuke them for a few seconds in the sealed wrapper.

Yeah...nothing like a box of 10 Gut Bombs after a night at the bar
;)

I think it would work ok as a shirt design but I'm not so sure it works as a label. If you are going to put the name on the tag it will be too small and unreadable
toetag.jpg

I keg my beer, so this will be printed and put on a tap handle for the bar, I also have them hanging up behind my bar to display whats on draft

but if I do bottle this brew I will not put labels on the bottles, I will simply hang actual cadaver toe-tags on the bottle necks.

but yeah, I really do like the beer poster thing, I have several from New Belgium framed and hanging in my bar as well

Back