2 batches down

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

underwaterdan

Reaction score
Okay so I brewed my second batch today, hanks hefe from midwest, So my IPA is in my secondary and my hefe is in the primary. All this work and I still have not had a sip of my home brew yet! The IPA is 2 weeks old now, going to give it like 4 or so more days then move it into my corny keg, hopefully it will be good!

I know how you feel. I have one that is 2 weeks in primary and another that is going on one week in primary. I'm still drinking commercial brews.

Fire up a couple more batches. You'll be glad you did when it comes time to start drinking them and having plenty of homebrew on hand.

Fire up a couple more batches. You'll be glad you did when it comes time to start drinking them and having plenty of homebrew on hand.

+1

I have 2 bottled now, should be ready in 1 week (APA), brewing another one tomorrow, so I have great supply.

No more commercials for me!

How do you explain that to your wife/girlfriend? My wife is ready to kill me for brewing twice this week, even though I only have one solid homebrew that is drinkable right now (and another that turned up with chlorine in it somehow)...

down to about 2 gallons left. i haven't had the time to brew lately. went threw 15 gallons pretty quickly.

My wife is fine with the brews, just doesn't like the smell too much... Well I have no more room for my brews, so I have to wait till I get one into a keg!

How do you explain that to your wife/girlfriend? My wife is ready to kill me for brewing twice this week, even though I only have one solid homebrew that is drinkable right now (and another that turned up with chlorine in it somehow)...

Let her spent an equal amount of money on something she is interested in. Worked for me.

I feel your pain having only boiled two batches of brew as well. My first batch is in its second week in the bottle. I will be doing a taste test tomorrow and documenting the result per Revvy's advice. It was pretty good flat, I just hope it continues to get better.

As for the wife, I just give her one day off each week by taking the children out for some entertainment. I can't imagine how she gets through the week with a 3 year old at home without wanting to drink.:p

lol. I think my wife loves beer even more than I do - and i freaking love beer. she just doesn't like the actual brewing but give me much encouragement :mug:

Back