Good resources to teach yourself wiring/electrical

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wizardofza

Reaction score
I plan on building my own brutus-10 rig once the weather gets warmer. I'm initially going to keep things manual, just because of my lack of electrical expertise.

That brings me to my question, does anyone have a good resource or book(s) that can at least lead me in the right direction. I'm great with tools. I'm just looking for a way to learn enough to wire my own rig eventually.

Just looking for some suggestions...

This website has just about all you could need as far as information on a build.

I can't comment on books. I have learned everything first hand through work.

Sunset Books has two books that give you some basics. You can find them at Home Depot where they have the rest of the DIY books. There is also a smaller little green book called Wiring Simplified or something like that. It will be on the electrical aisle with the tools. It has a lot more information in it but skips the basic basics.

The Sunset books are nice because they have lots of illustrations and basic info like how electricity gets in your house etc etc.

Get all three and read them several times.

Back