Why I love my SWMBO

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cape Brewing

DOH!!! Stupid brewing...
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
After I slept in this morning she surpised me with, "I'm going to take the boys (we have a 2.5 and a 1 year old) and go run a bunch of errands. Why don't you make that hefeweizen I like".

Sexiest... woman.... alive

Grains steeping now

I'm usually a Flogging Molly fan when brewing but for some reason this just felt llike a James Brown morning.

Sparge done, bringing to boil..

HEY!!! It's past noon! I can have a beer!!

(I see this day ending badly)

LOL... I can just pitcure the boss coming home in two hours to find me in no condition to do any of the actual "chores" I'm supposed to get done later today. Grass is a foot high.

HEY... if she can't take a joke...shame on her!!

Don't get me wrong... it's a FANTASTIC day right now!

Keeper.

Mine helps me brew/bottle regularly :rockin:

But she's just a girlfriend, not wife, so even if she didn't like my brewing, eff her!

I think the definition of the perfect wife would be the one who brews, racks, kegs, and serves the beer in the house, along with making wine so that each diner has a choice of home made red or white.

I think that this perfect wife then should have NO other duties in the household at all. Just to maintain beer and wine quality and quanitities.

(I keep telling my husband this, but he has yet to agree).

That's great! Mine goes on trail rides with one of her horses. We're both busy for part of a weekend day. She still can't wait for me to finish the brewhaus though.

I think the definition of the perfect wife would be the one who brews, racks, kegs, and serves the beer in the house, along with making wine so that each diner has a choice of home made red or white.

I think that this perfect wife then should have NO other duties in the household at all. Just to maintain beer and wine quality and quanitities.

Ok I'm gonna say it..... You turn me on!!!!!!! I know I know you get that allllll the time
JJ

A supportive spouse is the greatest thing in the world. My wife doesn't really participate in my hobbies (obsessions), but she's always behind me in my wacky hijinx. She seems to think the brewing thing is pretty cool though. I've been talking about an Octoberfest brew. Obviously, time is getting pretty short and she's been on me to get it going. Friday, after we did lunch with her sister, she handed me $100.00 to spend at the LHBS.
:ban:

I'm usually a Flogging Molly fan when brewing but for some reason this just felt llike a James Brown morning.

Sparge done, bringing to boil..

HEY!!! It's past noon! I can have a beer!!

(I see this day ending badly)

Yesterday was a Me First and the Gimmie Gimmies brewday but I've rocked out to Flogging Molly on brewday as well.

Usually gets in a massive playlist with Great Big Sea, Dubliners, and The Irish Descendants as well.

ahem!! I dragged hubby back into brewing! On the 2nd of August I said "I want to brew today". We know have:

conditioning in kegs:
2 steams
2 IPA's
1 stout

1 gallon cider with an ale yeast experiment in primary

and today are making 1 Hefe, 1 Boddingtons Bitter Clone, 1 Flanders Red Ale (I found the Roeselare yeast!)

/me wanders off muttering about wives who don't like to brew...

I agree with you 100%!

You're damn close to the right definition, just a little off on the list of duties, I'd add one or two things. :ban:

Actually, I appreciate being allowed to have the time alone to brew and bottle. I enjoy the time to be a little selfish.

I made a pale ale a while back that was good, but since I can perform neither all-grain nor full boil, I felt like the hop utilization and extract flavor held it back a bit. I told my wife that all-grain would help, and she said "you'll probably be doing that by the next time you make the pale ale." So yeah, she's awesome.

Well... it was a damn good day. I got my weizen made and it's fermenting away at a nice and steady temp in my ferm fridge. I ended up having a few beers during the day, fiddled a little with my AG rig and then had a few guys over for poker night (and had a lot of beers). I finally called it a day around 2:30AM after losing about $15 (which is fine because I always take these guys' cash).

And then yesterday, after sleeping in at least a little, we took the little men to this petting zoo/water park/farm/hayride type of place for the entire day and they had a blast. And then, to wrap the night up, our one-year-old juuuuuuuuust about took his first steps. So I got the best of both worlds... got to be a little selfish on Saturday and brew and play cards and then did the dad-thing on Sunday... which was a blast. Not a bad weekend!

She must want something!!

My SWAMBO doesn't do much during the process, but she does help rack and bottle. And she like that I like making beer. Oh, and she likes my beers (not the pales though, lol). Damn, I love it.

Back