Funny things you've overheard about beer

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So, the opossum that eats my trash has a wide pallet - it's as likely to eat barbecue ribs as it is to eat moldy spaghetti.

There's a problem when, after tasting a beer you don't like, you throw out pils, honey wheat, and Leinenkugel's berry-weisse as preferable alternatives. The guy likes some very good beer, but he also likes moldy spaghetti. I think qualifying personal taste (in anything) comes down more to what we don't like than what we do like.

Wait, what beer is the moldy spaghetti? The ones you don't like? The comparison is more like so r people like ribs, some like spaghetti, some like both.

I'll eat or drink anything that anyone hands me (as long as it's food). Does that mean I'm not an a-hole?
that just means you can have my share of BL. unless it's been cellared properly for 14 years.
Not necessarily. You could be an obliging a-hole.

Sent from my iPhone using Home Brew
nice a-holes exist. we all have things we're obliging about.

I will eat or drink damn near anything that's handed to me.

stay out of my cellared BLs!

that just means you can have my share of BL. unless it's been cellared properly for 14 years.
nice a-holes exist. we all have things we're obliging about.

stay out of my cellared BLs!

I've got some Milwaukee's Best that has been in one of my pump houses for about 20 years. Cans at that, then again I never saw it in bottles. I would consider that about 30% cellared. Best is a finicky brew.

A guy I work with was talking about the section of the beer garden he got to run at BBQ on the River a couple weeks ago. It was sponsored by Schlafly. The Schlafly guy was trying to tell him how to correctly pour a beer from the tap. He told him he poured many a beer from a keg in college, like he was a professional. I told him the difference was the beer he was serving this time was actually good, and was supposed to have a head on it: you weren't supposed to use your finger to kill the foam.

Properly cellared. You can see the dust.

1413678582296.jpg

What about a 20 year old bottle of bad frog? I have 8 of them.

Maybe we need to look into some vintage cellared beer trading. I've also got some same era Rolling Rock that is bulging but that is just for personal use. I needed to that that brag factor out there.

How did you find this poor bastard anyway? I'm not sure any beer could possibly be finer than that exquisitely cellared bud light

Meh, it beats the hell out of the "Economics Derail" thread or the "What are Your Thoughts on Tipping" thread that it was for a while.

Don't forget the "your/my diet is valid/invalid because [insert lack of scientific evidence]" thread. Good times.
why aren't you talking about my videos?
Hey Billy,

Which beer is chewier? The Canadian Belgian strong ale or the Darwin IPA?
Darwin IPA. but it wasn't as thick as the Chub I had last night.

Back