Male Bonding

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Decojuicer

Reaction score
Tonight my (almost) 5 year old son and I went out for "Steaks and Beers", a tradition that we started last year as a way to get in a little father/son time. He put down a whole bottle of IBC root beer and most of a 6 oz sirloin. Then we went to the bookstore and picked up a couple of books and then went and had ice cream.

SWMBO and my 6 year old daughter went to a girl scout camp today and are still not home. They are stopping to get a bite to eat and spend a little time with our 17 year old daughter. Girl time.

As a result, the boy and I are sitting here in front of the computer together, listening to Bowie and surfing HBT and a few other sites.

Here is a pic of the boy drinking straight from the bottle:

jakerootbeer.jpg

So who has little traditions that gets you out to spend wuality time with your youngins??

Me and my boys (1yr old and 3yrs old) usually go to a breakfast resturant 1-2 times a month. The bacon and onion skillet is just o.k., and their pancakes look bad, but there is a train track around the ceiling which keeps them from freaking out.
SWMBO gets to sleep in and we usually stop by the Home Depot, or LHBS, or the butcher (all man places) on the way home.

My Dad and I get together deep sea fishing. Anything said on the boat stays on the boat-no regrets, no repurcussions. Good to clear the air. Used to golf, but he got good, and I blew out a knee so I got tired of getting beat and paying the bets..
Over the holidays, he mentioned that he wanted to go hunting again. Most likely we'll do a preserve pheasant hunt with guide. It's been a long time..

Back