GRABASS test run 1/24

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

idahoDal

Reaction score
Folster and a couple of my drinking buddies are going to be in my garage on Sunday. Folster and I are doing a 10 gallon IPA and I have a 5 gallon stout I need to make, as well as racking over the Cranky Angel and What-cha-got-stew from the Brewgasm. Also I have my first keg'd beer carb'd (a steam) that, while it tastes just fine, really should be drank :tank:

I know its last minute, but if anyone wants to brew or just "help" let me know and I'll get you an addy (between Fuquay and Clayton near 40/42). I have more than enough space for anyone that wants to brew (clean 2 car garage and a little under 1.5 acres of dirt).

This will be a test run for a more proper gathering next month. Speaking of, when do folks want to have another brewgasm but at my place along with some 'Q ?

I dont know if I will be able to make it this sunday. As far as next month I am good any weekend other than valintines weekend, SWMBO has some plans for us that weekend.:D But any other time should be good for me.

Eric.

I was actually planning on brewing Sunday myself. I'll have to talk to SWMBO, but I may make the trek over and hang out and brew. Any problems with flooding by doing a bunch of chilling or anything? Just don't want your yard to end up like Walkers.
As far as next month, it doesn't look very good for me. I've got friends in town one weekend, a bachelor party another weekend, and a wedding the last weekend I think. Anyways, I'll follow along and poke fun at you all where applicable.

And it looks like it's about 50 minutes from Fayetteville too by the way.

From the center of Fayetteville straight up I-95 to I-40 Google says its 53 minutes to my house. I drive down that way all the time and it takes me right at an hour to get to a Bo-Jangles there just past where 295 ends.

There's a possibility we'll have a tv set up in the garage for those that can't bear to be away from those major sporting events taking place that day.

No worries at all about flooding the yard. Folster has a pump and we plan on doing the cooler/ice thing for a bit, otherwise I have a 5 acre pond we could use if its not raining too much, and yeah... I have a *lot* of land and a big driveway so flooding is pretty much impossible (that and all the grass is brown at the moment anyway except for the crabgrass).

I'll be heating up some of this past year's 'q for lunch.

I'll try my best to be there. Shoot me an address or directions or something! :D So far as Feb goes, I have to be somewhere out of town the weekend after Valentine's Day but I'm open afterward or before.

From the center of Fayetteville straight up I-95 to I-40 Google says its 53 minutes to my house. I drive down that way all the time and it takes me right at an hour to get to a Bo-Jangles there just past where 295 ends.

There's a possibility we'll have a tv set up in the garage for those that can't bear to be away from those major sporting events taking place that day.

No worries at all about flooding the yard. Folster has a pump and we plan on doing the cooler/ice thing for a bit, otherwise I have a 5 acre pond we could use if its not raining too much, and yeah... I have a *lot* of land and a big driveway so flooding is pretty much impossible (that and all the grass is brown at the moment anyway except for the crabgrass).

I'll be heating up some of this past year's 'q for lunch.

You know they have Bojangles in Raleigh right? You don't have to drive all the way to Fayetteville just for a supreme dinner.

Dallas,
I'd love to stop over for an hour or so, watch you brew, drink some of your beer, eat some pork. Please give me your address and let me know when's a good time to come by.
Jeff

I think we're shooting for a 10am start. I'm not particularly interested in the ball games and I have 2 batches to do so I'm no big hurry to get started let alone finish :mug:

FYI The best BoJangles is in Plymouth. Its brand new and the bathrooms have those fancy Dyson hand dryers: http://www.dyson.com/dryers/default.asp

FYI The best BoJangles is in Plymouth. Its brand new and the bathrooms have those fancy Dyson hand dryers: http://www.dyson.com/dryers/default.asp

Oh, let's not get a best Bojangles fight started. BTW, that's where I went to celebrate my college graduation, no joking. Oh sure, others went to Ruth's Chris and the Angus Barn... Give me Bojangles anytime! Anyway, the best I've been to is anyone that has an "all you can eat" on the menu... That, my friends, is the proof of a good Bojangles.

I can probably brewcast it but swambo might need the laptop. I need to figure out why 2 of my flourescent lights in the garage aren't working at the moment too... I have an open wireless at the house so if anyone wants/needs to bring laptops feel free.

Folster and I are doing a 10 gallon batch of AHS's British IPA, and I'm also doing a 5 gallon NB Dark Cherry Stout. If anyone is interested post up quick and I'll stop by American on the way home and get stuff to turn the stout into 10 gallons.

Kids and dogs are welcome. I don't have a fence and I live on a 5 acre pond so your critters (regardless of number of legs) are your responsibility. I have a couple dogs (no kids) and they may or may not get in the way.

We can talk about a bigger brew date while we're all there.

Seems as though I keep missing my breakout appearances for a GRABASS event! I gotta smoke a bunch of ribs for a family thing on Sunday, otherwise I would be down. Definitely let me know if you are doing something next month, I would love to get together for a big brew day.

next thing you know, it will be about "work" or some such nonsense as "career!"

And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him. And power was given unto them over the fourth part of the earth, to kill with sword, and with hunger, and with death, and with the beasts of the earth... and to freeze any water which might be brought forth unto the production of fermented spirits.

Folster will be here around 10am but he's in no hurry and will be bringing a small tv and a digital converter for the games later on in the afternoon.

Garage is all cleaned up, and swambo will actually be avoiding us all day ;)

Any problems finding the place just call.

Just want to let everyone know that HD in Cary has the 10 gallon round orange coolers for $40

Rain or shine, plenty of room in the garage.

Thanks for the heads up on the coolers. I might have the wife pick one up for me today rather than keep fighting the one I bought :mad: I'll show you all my problems when you get here.

Bring yer appetites, I have plenty of bbq thawed out. Don't really have any sides or much in the way of non-beer beverages though so if you want something other than 'q bring it yerself.

Walker and i will pull in around 10:30-10:45 with some sides (slaw, mac salad, etc.)

You need us to bring any brewing equip or anything else?

Not that I can think of, I got Walkers tun last night.

For those brewing I have vertical making stuff. Meaning I have a reticulating (is that the word? meaning "bendy") ladder set up in the garage and I have more cinder blocks laying around than I have any real right to own.

Sattellite guy is here at the moment installing a dvr (otherwise I'd still be in bed ;-) ).

Parking: Don't hit my fancy rocks when you pull into the driveway. Beyond that, you can either park way up on the street or in my front lawn (between the crape myrtles) or just stack up in the driveway but be ware of backing out a long ways and hitting them rocks ;-)

Another great GRABASS event! Thanks, Dallas, for having the gang over to watch you, uh, brew.

Thanks guys for the great time, it was great to meet everyone who showed up today. Hopefully I can brew next time when I'm not in limbo about deployments. Dallas I had a blast.

Thanks guys for the great time, it was great to meet everyone who showed up today. Hopefully I can brew next time when I'm not in limbo about deployments. Dallas I had a blast.

If you get deployed will you please let us know? It was a pleasure meeting you today, Ron, I hope we get to see you again soon!

I hope everyone had a great time. I wish I could have attended but SWIMBO and my son planned a surprise birthday brew party for me.:mug: When you figure out a date in February please post it here. I would very much like to meet other brewers in the Triangle.

BTW are any of you members of CARBOY?

Thanks for having us over, Dallas. We need to work out details for a pig-roasting brew gathering for sure.

I hope everyone had a great time. I wish I could have attended but SWIMBO and my son planned a surprise birthday brew party for me.:mug: When you figure out a date in February please post it here. I would very much like to meet other brewers in the Triangle.

I am not an official member of CARBOY, but I will be at the meeting this week. I'm actually the newly appointed president of TRUB.

I'm not a member of anything except our officially unofficial disorganized organization known as GRABASS.

Shortly after moving to this area in 2005, I went to a CARBOY meeting, but just didn't click with the group and never went back again.

Latest posts

Back